Is "Sanskrit" Dravidian?

George Thompson thompson at JLC.NET
Fri Jun 11 13:58:34 UTC 1999

Hello Ganesan,

I don't have Masica's article at hand. The full reference is:

Colin Masica: "Aryan and non-Aryan elements in north Indian agriculture",
in *Aryan and non-Aryan in India*, 1970 [Univ. Michigan, ed. Deshpande and
Hook].

It is a long detailed article.

Also, if you have not seen it, you'll find this useful:

Franklin Southworth: "Ancient economic plants of South Asia", in *Languages
and Cultures: Studies in Honor of Edgar C. Polomé*, 1988 [Trends in
Linguistics Monograph 36, ed. M.A. Jazayery & W. Winter].

George