Hindi & Sanskrit personal names

Swantham swantham at TECHPARK.NET
Thu Jun 10 17:30:07 UTC 1999

Dear friend,
As regards Sanskrit names what exactly is your target? Do you want to
subject legendary names too to your study? In that case make use of the
name indices of Ramayana,Mahabharata,Puranas etc.Here in Kerala most of the
Hindu personal names are Sanskrit names, for example mine-Maheswaran.
Usually the caste name is also added.But this tendency is fast
diminishing.In Malayalam language there is a book containing  one thousand
names most of which are Sanskrit.
By the way, do you know the E-mail address of Prof.Birsky? If so please let
me know.
Thank you
Dr.K.Maheswaran Nair
Professor