Sri Aurobindo

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Thu Jun 10 19:57:25 UTC 1999

The Library of Congress has a Centenary edition" published in 1995:

 95-78153: Ghose, Aurobindo, 1872-1950.  Secret of the Veda /
{Centenary
   ed.}.  Twin Lakes, WI : Lotus Light Publications, c1995.  581, {1}
p. ;
   22 cm.

   LC CALL NUMBER: BL1112.26 .G46 1995

So presumably it was first published in 1895.  According to the
catalog record Secret of the Veda is is a revised ed. of On the Veda,
for which I cannot find an earlier date in our catalog or the gigantic
online union catalog OCLC earlier than 1956.  I have paged the various
versions to see if any has an introduction that gives more
information.

Allen Thrasher

>>> Lars Martin Fosse <lmfosse at ONLINE.NO> 06/10 3:03 PM >>>
Dear members of the net,

do any of you happen to know when Shri Aurobindo first published his
"The Secret of the Veda". This book has been published by Sri
Aurobindo
Ashram, Pondicherry, in 1971, but since Aurobindo died in 1950, I
assume
that the Secret of the Veda was first published before that.

Thanks in advance!

Lars Martin Fosse