Q: Kannada grammar

Gail M. Coelho gail at UTXVMS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Jul 5 18:32:42 UTC 1999

There's a description of "Spoken" or Informal Kannada by Harold Schiffman
and a description of Literary Kannada by Sridhar (this also has some info
on the Spoken form). I don't have details about date of publication, etc.
with me right now. But you could do a keyword search in the library,
perhaps? I'll send the full information on these books tomorrow.

Also, while you're in Mysore, you could drop in at the Central Institute of
Indian Languages in Mysore (it's near Manasagangotri campus, University of
Mysore). They have a lot of publications on languages with an emphasis on
language learning.

Gail Coelho.