gIta upadEza (RE: SV: creation of human kind)

Chandrasekaran, Periannan Periannan.Chandrasekaran at DELTA-AIR.COM
Fri Jan 22 17:06:28 UTC 1999

> From: Chandrasekaran, Periannan
>>
> > And this "pAtan pALLi" is said to be where the lord stayed
>  in the form of "pArtazArati" but the main deity is neither
> named so nor in is he in that form!.

I checked the 10 poems composed by "tirumaGkai AZvAr"
on the lord at "pArtan2 pALLi" and those 10 poems simply
mention the name of the temple "pAtan2 paLLi" but
do not mention even any episodes associated with
pArtan2 (arjun2A) let alone chariot driving or gIta upadEza.

The poems are listed at
http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/pub/pm0006/praba21inm.html

the poems iq uestion are: #1318 -1327.
I could view them in a Tamil font (Inaimathi/Anjal)
 which I am viewing (by letting the Murasu Anjal application
be running in the background).

chandra