[q] Seeking information on "hiraNyagarbha" ceremony

Alf Hiltebeitel beitel at GWIS2.CIRC.GWU.EDU
Thu Jan 28 16:36:46 UTC 1999

This ceremony gets some brief discussion in Susan Bayly, Saints, goddesses
and Kings, and in Eugen Roghair's The Epic of Palnadu.

Alf Hiltebeitel
Director, Human Sciences Program
Columbian School Professor of Religion and Human Sciences
The George Washington University
Phillips Hall 412
Washington, D.C., 20052
202/ 994-4297