Special Characters & Unicode

john grimes grimesj at PILOT.MSU.EDU
Thu Jan 28 07:34:59 UTC 1999

Victor here is a rather complete list per the Indic concept of time:
John Grimes
MSU

Akhilananda, "Time and eternity - the Vedantic viewpoint", JBR: Vol. 27,
1959, pp.       114-117.
Apte, K.V., " Where is the time: an exposition of Madhyamakakarika XIX",
JSU:    Vol. 7, !974, pp. 49-54.
Bedekar, V. M. , " The doctrines of svabhava and kala in the Mahabharata
and other       Sanskrit works", Journal of the University of Poona: No.
13, 1961, pp. 5-34.
Bhattacharya, Deviprasad, " A short note on time", CR: Vol. 175, 1965, pp.
45 - 46.
Bhattacharya, H. , " The theory of time in Jaina philosophy", JainG: Vol.
23, 1927, pp.   33-43.
Bhattacharya, K.C. , " Reality of the future", KCBSP II: pp. 271-280.
Bhattacharya, U.C. , " Problem of time in Indian thought", CALCUTTA REVIEW:
        Vol. 52, 1934, pp. 302-309.
Bhattacharya, Umesh Chandra, " Space, time and Brahma", POS: Vol. 39, 1969,
pp.     69-85.
Cairns, Grace E., " Time and eternity and social progress in the Advaita
Vedanta of      T. M. P. Mahadevan", DARSHANA: Vol. 31, 1968, pp. 64-68.
Coomaraswamy A. K. ,, TIME AND ETERNITY, Ascona: Artibus Asiae Publishers,
        1947.
Das, S. R. , " Notion of time in Indian philosophy", INDIAN HISTORICAL
        QUARTERLY: Vol. 9, 1933, pp. 149-153.
De, N. M. , " Categories of time and space", IPC: Vol. 4.3, 1959, pp. 160-163.
Devasenapathi V. A. ,  TOWARDS CONQUEST OF TIME, Madras: 1962.
Eliade, M. " Time and Eternity in Indian thought", MAN AND TIME, ERANOS
        YEAR BOOK  1958, London: Routledge & Kegan Paul,  pp. 173-200.
Fukuhara, Ryogon, "Time theory in the philosophy of pheenomena and noumena
        in Buddhism", RYUKOKU DAIGAKU RONSHU(Journal of the Ryokoku
        University), Kyoto, Japan, Vol 350, 1955, pp. 3-5.
Gupta, S.K. , "Concept of time- East and West", JIAP: Vol. 12.2, 1973, pp.
29-40.
Haravu, Kadambari, " Concept of space in the Vaisesika darsana and the
        Prasastapada Bhasya compared with those of physics", JKUOML: Vol.
20, 1975,       pp. 77-92.
Hasurkar, " The undefinability of the division of time as enunciated by
Shreeharsa",    IPC: Vol. 4.2, 1959, pp. 89-97.
Hiriyanna, Mysore, "An Indian view of 'present time' ", QUARTERLY JOURNAL
        OF THE MYTHIC SOCIETY, Bangalore: Vol 14, 1924, pp. 233-237.
_____________, " Advaitic conception of time", PO: Vol. 4, 1939, pp. 47 - 48.
_____________, " Advaitic conception of time", IPS: Vol. 1, pp. 104-106.
Inada, Kenneth K., "Time and temporality- a Buddhist approach", PHILOSOPHY
        EAST AND WEST, Honololu, Hawaii: Vol. 24 , 1974, pp. 171-180.
Jhaveri, Indukala, " Concept of kala and akasa in the Samkhya- Yoga
system", JOI:   Vol. 5, 1955-56, pp. 417-419.
Junankar, N.S. , THE CONCEPTIONS OF TIME, SPACE, AND MOTION IN EARLY
        INDIAN PHILOSOPHY, D. Phil Dissertation, Oxford University, 1937.
Kalupahana, David J., "The Buddhist conception of time and temporality",
        PHILOSOPHY EASTAND WEST, Honololu, Hawaii: Vol. 24, 1974, pp.
181-192.
Khare, R. S., "Concept of time and time-reckoning among the Hindus: an
        anthropological viewpoint", EASTERN ANTHROPOLOGIST: Vol. 20, 1967,
pp.     47-53.
Koller, John M., " On Buddhist views of devouring time", PHILOSOPHY EAST
        AND WEST, Honololu, Hawaii: Vol. 24, 1974, pp. 201-208.
Kumar, Munishri Mahendra, " Reality and relativity of space and time in
Jain    metaphysics and modern physics", CIDO: Vol. 26, Summaries, 1964,
pp. 154-56.
Madhavatirtha, THE CONCEPT OF TIME IN INDIAN PHILOSOPHY, Ahmedabad:
        Vedant Ashram, 1951.
Mahadevan, T.M.P., "Time and  the timeless", CIPH: pp. 201-232.
__________, " Time and timeless: Principal Miller lectures 1953. Madras. 1954.
__________, " The Advaita view of time", SMFV: pp. 500-503.

__________, " Time and timelessness", JD: Vol. 1, 1976, pp. 324-330.
Malkani, G. R. , " Reality of time", PQ: Vol. 16, 1940-41, pp. 208- 217.
___________, " The temporal and the eternal", PHILOSOPHICAL     QUARTERLY :
Vol. 30, No. 1,  April 1957, pp. 11-18.
___________, " Time and the absolute", JOURNAL OF THE   PHILOSOPHICAL
ASSOCIATION, Nagpur: Vol. 5, 1958, pp. 1-7.
Mandal, Kumar Kishore,  A COMPARITIVE STUDY OF THE CONCEPTS OF
        SPACE AND TIME IN INDIAN THOUGHT, Varansani:  The Chowkhamba
        Sanskrit Series Office, 1968.
______________, THE CONCEPT OF SPACE AND TIME WITH SPECIAL      REFERENCE
TO INDIAN THOUGHT, Ph. D. Thesis, Patna University, 1962.
Marder, L., TIME AND THE SPACE TRAVELLER, George, Allen and
        Unwin, London, 1971.
Nakamura, H. , " Time in Indian and Japenese Thought", In: J. T. Fraser
(ed.), THE      VOICES OF TIME, New York:  G. Braziller, 1966.
Padmarajiah, Y. J. ," The theory of time in Jainism", MysoreU: Vol. 7,
1946-47, pp.    111-115.
Panikkar, R., " Toward a typology of time and temporality in the ancient
Indian  tradition", PHILOSOPHY EAST AND WEST, Vol. 24, No. 2, April 1974,
pp. 161-        164.
Pillai, N. Gopala, " The conception of time according to Bhartrhari", THE
        SANSKRIT COLLEGE MAGAZINE, Sri Citra: Trivandrum, Vol. 2.2, 1942,
pp. 1-  6.
Puligandla, R. , "Time and history in the Indian tradition", PEW: Vol. 24,
1974, pp.       165-170.
Rao, M. A. Venkata, " Time and eternity", VK. : Vol. 18, 1931-1932,  66 ff.
Rao, S. N. , " The manifest and the unmanifest:  Time, Space, Relativity",
PB: Vol.        61, 1956, pp. 290-293.
Reyna, Ruth, " Concept of no-time in Advaita Vedanta", HINDUTVA: Vol. 5.3,
        1974, pp. 9-12.
Sasaki, Genjun H., " The time concept in Abhidharma", CIDO, Vol. 26, 1969,
pp. 471-        480.
Sastri, P.S. , " Time and the philosophy of history", PRABUDDHA BHARATA:
Vol.    60, 1955, pp. 420- 423.
Sastri, Satya Vrat, " Bhartrhari's conception of time", PAIOC:  Summaries,
Vol. 17,        1953, pp. 244.
__________, " Concept of time in Mahabhasya", PAIOC:Vol, 23, 1966, pp. 361-367.
_________, " Conception of time in post-Vedic Sanskrit literature", ESSAYS
ON      INDOLOGY, Delhi:  Meharchand Lachhmandasa,  1963,pp. 149- 204.
Schayer, Stanislas, REMARQUES SUR DE LE PROBLEME DU TEMPS DANS LE
        BOUDDDHISME  PRIMITIF,CIDO, BRUSSELS,1938.
____________, " Contributions to the problem of Time in Indian philosophy",
        Cracow:  Polska Akademia Umiejetnosci Prace komisji
orientalistycznej, 1938.
Sen, Sanat Kumar, " Time in Samkhya-Yoga", VJP: Vol. 4.1, 1967, pp. 72-89.
____________, " Time in Samkhya- Yoga", IPQ: Vol. 8, 1968, pp. 406-426.
Sharma, Arvind, " The notion of cyclical time in Hinduism", CAS: Vol. 5,
1974, pp.       26-35.
Shukla, J.M. ,  " The concept of time according to Bhartrhari", PAIOC:
Summaries,      Vol. 17, 1953, pp. 379-384.
Sinha, Ajit Kumar, " The nature of space, time and causality according to
Samkara         and F.H. Bradley", KAG: pp. 218- 223.
Varadachari, K.C. , " Time and Mysticism", JGJRI: Vol. 7, 1949-50, pp. 167-181.
Vrat, Satya, " Conception of time according to Bhartrhari", ABORI: Vol. 39,
1959, pp.       68-78.
Yadav, Bibhuti S., "The question of time and the timeless", JD: Vol. 1,
1976, pp. 345-  362.