The conversion issue

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN
Thu Jan 21 15:45:21 UTC 1999

At 21:02 19.01.99 -0500, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:
>Robert Zydenbos wrote:
><<>
>> At 12:18 18.01.99 +0100, Artur Karp wrote:
>>
>> >"Conversion" it seems may mean different things in different contexts.
>>
>> Indeed. E.g., the Roman Catholic view is that conversion is "man's free turning to God" and "has always to be seen as a response, made possible by God's grace, to a call from God." (K. Rahner, "Conversion", in _Sacramentum mundi_ vol. 2). [...]
>
>Well, quoting some 20th century version (or whatever) of Roman
>Catholocism doesn't serve much purpose. Believe it or not, even Indians
>do remember some historical happenings, especially within 300-400 years.

I thought we were living in the 20th century now, and that we are on the verge of the 21st, and that we were discussing atrocities that are being perpetrated by _Indians_ against other _Indians_ in India who have embraced certain faiths and are exercising their human rights. Sorry if I was mistaken about all this...

RZ