Kumarila Bhatta's criticism of false etymologies

Walker Trimble wytrimbl at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Sun Jan 17 22:35:57 UTC 1999

At 04:21 PM 1/15/99 EST, you wrote:

>>  From KumArila bhaTTa's TantravArttika (Vol. I, p 219), transl by Mm
>>  Ganganatha Jha, Sri Satguru Publications, Delhi, 1983. ]

For those who want the Sanskrit, my notes show that this discussion appears
in the TV's commentary on Jaiminimimamsasutra 1.3.10, "choditastu
pratyetaavirodhaat pramaa.nena"
There is a discussion of this section, among others, in Aloka Parashar.
__Mleccha in India__. New Delhi: MRML, 1991.