Classical vs. Modern

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.DOT.NET.IN
Fri Jan 15 02:48:38 UTC 1999

At 06:13 PM 1/14/99 EST, you wrote:
>It is fair game to praise oneself
>and it is welcome but putting down competition - if it is only  competition,
>as in product sales - then that speaks volume of the capacity of the salesman
>of the competition to stand up to meet the challenges of the praised product.
>It reminds me of seats won in national elections with only negative and
>malicious campaign. I wonder anything can be done about it? Ignoring these
>venomous attacks encourages more spurting of more venom, I have learnt.
Let us
>learn to "Live and let live with self-pride and tolerance." Ramalingam
>Shanmugalingam.

Thanks for stating so clearly and candidly your understanding of
the nature of the Indology list ..... a language market.

As far as I know there is no competition for the sale of tamil.
Nobody else is trying to sell his language on this list. The field
has been free for you and I think will continue to be so.

I do not think that Bh.Krishnamurti has ever sent any letters
praising telugu.

regards,

sarma.