Tibetan Origin of Tantrism and Siva

Samar Abbas abbas at BETA.IOPB.STPBH.SOFT.NET
Wed Jan 13 19:18:40 UTC 1999

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Paul Kekai Manansala wrote:
> N. Ganesan wrote:
> >
> > "Siva Mahadeva, the Great God of Hinduism, has his origins
> > firmly rooted in India. He does NOT come from Africa,
> > Tibet or China.
> >

> What about the IE homeland?  Since you appear to tow the AIT line then
> Rudra would be a Vedic Central Asian deity connected with Thor and
> other Indo-European storm gods?

Proof by Contradiction and Reductio ad absurdem -

 Dear Paul, I agree that N.Ganesan seems to be contradicting himself.
I here below show that his arguments are internally inconsistent.

He seems to be in favour of the Vedic origin of Shiva, since he has
in the last few posts, stated something like the following:
- " Shiva as mentioned in the oldest Tamil texts is White "
- He does not include Central Asia in his list of places where Shiva did
  definitely not come. Thus, as Paul points out, he seems to hold on to
  the old rusty theory of Rudra being the progenitor of Shiva.
- " Shiva Mahadeva, the Great God of Hinduism has his roots firmly in
India". This statement, without any references and a mere appeal to
Hindu identity would have been expected from some of the Vedic-Indus
theorists or a one-month old RSS sevak. Instead, it is being made by
`Dravidianist' Ganesan, classical supporter of Aryan Invasions !

 Assuming N.Ganesan's arguments to be true, ( => stands for
`implies that' ):

 Rudra gave rise to Shiva => Indus Valley is Vedic (since Rudra idols
 found at IVC sites) => No Aryan Invasion.

 Yet, some time back, Ganesan was arguing in favour of a Dravidian Indus
and Aryan Invasions ! Now, he is saying exactly what the BJP is saying !
A remarkable change, indeed.

 In case he still believes in his Dravidian Indus and Aryan Invasions,
I would like to know how he reconciles his concept of a White Shiva whose
home is in Tibet and whose statues are found in Indus Valley with a
Dravidian Indus ?

 Then, maybe, he favours the notion of the Dravidians having peacefully
adopted the Aryan language and Aryan Shiva. But he has also written
against this. So what next ?

  I do not intend to rake up the banned AIT, so let us not
dwell on this here. Only intended to point out a contradiction.

Samar