Nehru and Persian/Arabic

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 12 19:27:37 UTC 1999

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, N. Ganesan wrote:

>  In India, Persian and Arabic are given protection as
>  Classical languages.

How?  Please be specific.

>  It is high time Tamil is given protection in India
>  just like Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian.

"Given protection".  How?
Please be specific.
------------------------
  Hi Raja,

  Greetings.

  When I was at Inst. of Asian studies on a visit, people told
me this that Persian, Arabic are classified as classical
languages, but not Tamil.

I have to check where in one of the Central govt.
documents. This is shown to UN etc., to get funds.

I have a draft copy submitted to Cental Govt. to
classify Tamil on par with Persian, Arabic and Sanskrit.

That way, funds for research into Tamil and other
Dravidian languages would be a natural byproduct.

Hope Tamil is accepted, given protection, fostered
with funds for its growth in India.

More later,
N. Ganesan