FW: Deepa Mehta's _Fire_

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 11 23:39:46 UTC 1999

> P. K. Manansala writes:
> <<
> Information flowed in more than one direction. There are also numerous
> other traditions that must be taken into account. For example, the
> sources regarding Mahacina and other regions.
> >>

>  Information can flow in any direction.
>  But, look at the dates of Tirumantiram and Vajrabodhi.
>  Do we have yonitantra/brhadnIlatantra that old?

P. K. Manansala writes:
<<<
What difference would it make?  That would not prove origin one way
or the other. Tantric tradition itself credits much knowledge as
 coming from Mahacina.  Why would you have a hard time accepting that?

  It makes a LOT of difference. We have in Tamil a tantra
  text of 3000 poems in 5th century AD. Sanskrit does have
  tantras. If one does not have Tantra texts from (mahA)China
  of comparative dates, then I have a very hard time believing
  what you say. That is, tantric tradition came to India
  (Sanskrit or Tamil) from (mahA)China.

  Regards
  N. Ganesan