Question?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Mon Jan 11 15:13:18 UTC 1999

Dear Folks,
        A student of mine wishes to read in English translations Hindu
philosophical texts which reject Buddhist doctrines.  I can think of a few
such texts, e.g. zlokavaarttika, zaankarabhaa.sya on Brahmasuutras,
Nyaayamanjarii.  These are available in English translation.  I was
wondering if there is an English translation of discussion of Udayana's
Atmatattvaviveka.  That would be a great text to read.  Any suggestions?
I have currently asked this student to read D.N. Shastri's "Critique of
Indian Realism".
        All the best,
                                        Madhav Deshpande