Aghehananda Bharathi

VANITHA.KRISHNAMURTHY veekay at GIASBMC.VSNL.NET.IN
Sun Jan 10 03:29:30 UTC 1999

   I am afraid the swamiji you had referred to is not the one i had
mentioned. I have read the auto biography <ochre robe>-a copy was
available in IIT Madras library.He was a scholar,well learned in
sanscrit and scriptures beside the fluency in hindi etc.
According to his storey he was ordained by amonk from the lineage of
Sringeri and hence the appendage Bharathi.He was also said to be a
very colourful personality.During his sojourn in Syracuse Univ.
he was said to officiate in hindu functions,weddings etc.He was also said
to be well versed in Tantric rituals.

Krish.