Possible Research Avenues - Indian Food Histories

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN
Wed Jan 6 08:39:45 UTC 1999

At 10:02 05.01.99 PST, Asha Naidu wrote:

>I noted with disappointment that Achaya did not have much material on
>Andhra food history - and that there was atleast one inaccuracy. However
>I live in hope that at some future date, funding will be provided for
>necessary research to be carried out on food histories of Tamilnadu,
>Andhra, Maharashtra, Gujarat, UP and all other Indian states
>
>  He gives the name of the food manual done in Chalukya court.
> (bojana kutUhala?) A Kashmiri poet wrote the biography of a
>  Chalukyan king.

Perhaps it is worth mentioning that the _Suupa;saastra_, a cookbook in
Kannada by Mangarasa III (who lived in the early 16th century), has been
published by the University of Mysore several years ago.

RZ

Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos
Mysore (India)
e-mail zydenbos at bigfoot.com