The Aryans (again); 19th century discourse.

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 4 21:23:03 UTC 1999

Mr. A. Chandra writes now:
over the narrow invective let loose here by Sri Ganesan,

     On New Year Eve (31-dec-98)I saw the GENEROUS remarks on me
     by Sri Asishji in Indology:

     *but you are one BIASED individual Sri Ganesan. And you have
      only a one-point agenda*

     Also, I happen to observe the generous, multi-faceted, learned
     views of Shri Ashishji several times in Indology. He really has
     some multi-pointed agenda.

Mr. A. Chandra continues today:
<<<<
to Sri Ganesan letting loose his barrage against everyone
ranging from Sankara Matths to Bodhayana to Indians who come to the West
to "1) to get a job in the West; 2) to push
unsustainable dates for Veda, Giitaa, Westward expansion of Sanskrit
from
IVC" and to " get the money/job from the West whose inventions directly
come from scientific thinking and which all humankind enjoys."

   I said what is within the quotes, that's all.
   1) I see Indians come to the West to get jobs
   and 2) Some Indians, with total disregard to
   modern academic scholarship, push unsustainable
   dates for Indic texts.

  I feel there is a definite dichotomy here because Indians do
  science at work, but maintain the status quo of
  caste patriarchy elsewhere. Is it why the scientific
  way of analyzing Indian past where most data are ahistorical
  NOT encouraged by the Patriarchy at the top of Indian
  society. I am positive that Unless analytical approaches are
  widely made available on Indic past, the amateurish
  Indigenous Aryan school will be pushed with force
  onto the masses of India, mostly poor and unlettered.

  I never said that I am adamantly holding or stubbornly
  clinging onto AIT. Sri Ashishji was insisting few times.
  In the end, he wrote "apology to sri ganesan".

  I said that Indians come to the West in search of jobs
  and some Indians push unsustainable dates for Indian
  texts against all the evidence collected by research
  in the West. No doubt, I point out the (submerged) Dravidian
  contribution to Indic culture, most likely a very
  major component in IVC. Is it OK, Sri Ashish,
  to pursue that?

  Want to hear more about narrow invective
  of the BIASED individual who is often singled out?

  Regards,
  N. Ganesan

From:         Ashish Chandra <achandra at WNMAIL.WNDEV.ATT.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Aryans (again); 19th century discourse.
<<<<
It is quite natural that you should expect to hear from scholars of
Indology Dr. Ganesan. Anyone who does not agree with you is not a
scholar
is it ? You had mentioned that Dr. Subhash Kak used to write here on
Indology a few years back ....

  Please see Indology archives. I gave what Dr. S. Kak
  writes about Vedic civilization in Anatolia in 7500 BC.
  Do you want me to believe that story?

  I read that paper of Dr. Kak because it is published
  in a prestigious Indian jl., ABORI. Also, the conclusion
   is something like "European designation of Dravidian
   languages as different from IA is mAyA".

  Please remember there are 1000s of Indigenous Aryan
  schoolers active politically, in newsgroups, on TV,
  mounting websites, ... Hardly any to counter these guys'
  wishful thinking.

  Sincerely,
  N. Ganesan