Kashmir, Tamilnadu, Panini, Abhinavagupta, etc.

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.DOT.NET.IN
Mon Jan 4 01:24:56 UTC 1999

Though the members of the list are sure to take note of the wish
that the word dAkSiNAtya should mean Tamilians and Malayalis only,
the refernces cited are not sufficient to warrant such a conclusion.
For that we need a reference like " ONLY people who use cOru for
cooked rice are dAkSiNAtyAs." I am sure the search for such a reference
will continue.
Best wishes and regards,

sarma.