Ref. check- Possible misprint in critical edition Bhag. Gita

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Sat Feb 27 04:10:39 UTC 1999

Belvalkar's edition of the BG (Hindu Vishvavidyalaya Nepal Sanskrit
Series, 1959) reads 'upAzritya' in (BG XIV.2), but lists the reading
'apAzritya' in the footnote.  In Chapter 13, the list 'prakRtiM puru.sam
caiva' etc. is not given in the text of the BG, but given in the footnote.
The footnote says that this verse is found in mss coming from Nepal,
Kashmir, and Bengal, but not generally found in the southern mss, and is
not seen in Sankara's commentary.  In some mss, this verse is put at the
end of the 12th chapter.
                                Madhav Deshpande