Parvata in VP 2.486

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.DOT.NET.IN
Thu Feb 25 01:17:10 UTC 1999

At 08:27 AM 2/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Indologists,
>
>I was browsing the Indology webpage. There, I saw a VERY INTERESTING
>article entitled as Parvata, potiyil, and zrI-parvata:
>(Some remarks by N. Ganesan).
>
>Its URL is:
>http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/members/ganesan-parvata.html
>
>This is totally new and a fresh look at VP 2.486.

Dear Sri Madhuresan,
                        I had look at the above and did not find any thing
fresh.

Sriparvata is referred to as Parvata has been shown very effectively
on the list if not contemporarily. We can always extrapolate the usage
backwards. But Sri Palaniappan or anybody else has not shown that there is
a single reference to Malaya being referrred to as Parvata in sanskrit
texts so far. For me the whole thing appears to be absolutely twisted
thinking.

I knew that there is an attempt to hyjack Nagarjuna to tamilnadu when
Ganesan was posting about Madhura having name Uragapuram. So many places
have multiple names. That itself will not be sufficient to stake claims.

Present the evidence to the satisfaction of scholars.

regards,
sarma.