Dravidian:mother of IE

keerthi kumar v.k.kumar at EXCITE.COM
Thu Feb 25 07:38:21 UTC 1999

Dear Members of the List,

Today I have posted Discovery of Dravidian as the common source of
Indo-European at <http://www.datanumeric.com/Dravidian> to which I wish to
draw your attention.

The text constitutes three chapters. I: Dravidian Birthmarks on
Indo-European; II: More Proof; III: The Question of the Second Millennium.

In addition to the Dravidian identity of the common source of Indo-European,
what comes out loud and clear is that a language born out of the experience
of an ancient, influential, and original people does not cease to exist, and
when its words are used in the same or derived form or forms by various
speakers to express their experience, they all share the basic human
experience that is common to all of them.

Another fact which makes itself clear is that the portryal of an ancient
language by scholars may not necessarily be its real portrait, because their
portryal of it necessarily depends upon their degree of its exploration and
correct understanding. In the case of Dravidian, the text makes it clear
that Dravidian has been hardly explored, let alone exposed fully and
correctly.

Yet another fact which is axiomatic in the text is that each language has
its own rate of growth, development, and endurance, and, therefore, the
habit of applying the same scale that is derived by measuring the growth and
development of one or the other language to all languages, especially to
such an ancient and unique language as Dravidian does not yield accurate
results.

Dravidian makes it clear that it is like an extraordinarily old oak tree the
seed of which germinated such a long time ago that the entire lifetimes of
other trees which are born out of its own seeds amount to only a portion of
its lifetime.

I think that it is a good thing that the Discovery of Dravidian as the
common source of Indo-European brings these lessons into focus on this eve
of the Third Millennium, for they should have been realized and emphasized
quite some time ago so that we could have accomplished much more in the
field of languages than we actually have.

I also think that it would be a wise thing to realize again, and not forget
it this time, how in the end we all belong to the same tree either as the
speakers of the same language in its various forms or, going back in time,
as apes or monkeys.

Always wishing the best of everything for all.

Sincerely,

V.Keerthi Kumar (<v.k.kumar at excite.com>).