Word splitting & hyphenation conventions in romantransliteration

Elliot Stern emstern at NNI.COM
Mon Feb 22 18:42:08 UTC 1999

May I suggest that the discussion under this heading no longer bears any
significant relationship to the nominal subject of this thread? Also, I
think the discussion has wandered off from an Indological focus.

Let us all please try to remember that this list is intended as an academic
forum focusing on Indology. More and more, I find the list turning into a
soapbox for talk about various political issues, including the present one.
Script reform is not, I think, an Indological subject.

Elliot M. Stern
552 South 48th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143-2029
USA