Kashmir, Tamilnadu, Panini, Abhinavagupta, etc.

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.DOT.NET.IN
Tue Feb 16 18:50:42 UTC 1999

At 08:24 AM 2/16/99 PST, you wrote:
>DVN Sarma writes:
>  BTW, you were identifying Potala as Tirupati(tiruvEngaDam)
>  in Indology  before I started my Potalaka posts.
>  What happened to that id.?

I never did that. I was identifying it with Nagarjunakonda only.

>DVN Sarma writes:
>>The basic requrement for Potala is that it should be primarily
>>a Buddhist center and for its bonafides it should not
>>invoke proxies like Siva and Daksinamurti.
>
>  Thanks for the summary of your views.

It is not a view but an absolutely basic requirement .
All the writers say that it is the abode of Tara and Avalokitesvara
and not of Siva or Dakshinamurty. Any place which is not primarily
a buddhist center is UNFIT to be considered as a candidate of Potala.

regards,

sarma.