On zankara's date -2

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 30 14:46:56 UTC 1999

Vidyasankar wrote:
>I remember having read somewhere (Sewell perhaps?) that there is a
>similar reference (14th year of vikramAditya) in konkuteca rAcAkkaL.
>The problem is that there are too many vikramAdityas to choose from,
>even within one dynasty, and of course, many dynasties to choose
>from!

Sewell perhaps had not seen koGkutEca rAcAkkaL in print; Or,
does the Forgotten Empire mention k.racakkal mss.? The KR is
too late and may not be reliable/useful.

Would assign a higher weightage to inscriptions on vikramaditya
from Kerala/Tamilnadu region in late 8th or 9th centuries to
know Sankara's dates.

Regards,
N. Ganesan