On zankara's date - 2 (The view of Dvaraka Math)

Yashwant Malaiya malaiya at CS.COLOSTATE.EDU
Wed Dec 29 01:45:11 UTC 1999

Regarding Vishal's note(below), is there a copperplate of Sudhanva?
Is Sudhanva of Ujjain historic?

I have another question. Was the classification of philosophies as
orthodox and hetrodox (nastika) first given by Sankara, or did it
predate him?

Yashwant

-----
VA comments: During the '12th Centenary' celebrations in 1988, Swami
Svarupanand Sarasvati of Dvaraka Matha delivered a pravachana near my home
in Delhi where he categorically said that he does not accept 788 C.E. as the
birth year of Bhagvatpada. Besides the typical arguments in favor of the 6th
Cent. B.C.E date (Copper place of Sudhanva etc., a date that he says he
accepts, he remarked that