The Philosopher's Name in English?

Sunil Mehta safar at PRODIGY.NET
Tue Dec 28 15:39:52 UTC 1999

As far as etymology is concerned Shamkara would be correct.  But the
when sham and kara are joined the nasal 'm' takes the form appropraite
for it's position (i.e. preceding a a guttural consonant).  Hence the
nasal 'm' becomes the nasal 'n'.  Therefor Shankara would be the most
appropriate form.

Sunil Mehta