Date of RV

Vishal Agarwal vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 1 05:27:55 UTC 1999

I am appalled that Dr. R Z continues to post such pathetic messages. I would
infact urge forum members to read his recent posts at the RISA-L forum in
response to a Ms. Nair which shows the fanatical Christian attitude of Dr.
RZ. (confirming doubts raised by others in this very forum)

For that matter, I am amused that Dr. RZ should attach so much importance to
the work of a 'NON PROFESSIONAL' Indologist like Rajesh Kochar.

My own personal assessment is that it was Dr. Zydenbos who UNFAIRLY brought
Nazis into this dispute in the first place. So why blame Dr. Elst? And Dr.
Zydenbos was the one who assumed that Indigenists are all Hindutavaadis. So
it his 'reassurance' which is surprising. Some people just cannot shed
pre-conceived notions.

Vishal
________________
Dr. Zydenbos wrote:
I don't know whether the 'debate', in Dr. Elst's personal view, includes
Rajesh Kochhar's recent book _The Vedic People: Their History and
Geography_ (Orient Longman, 1999). As far as I know, Elst has not
hacked that one yet. There was an article about it in _The Hindu_ a
short while back:

I found it quite reassuring to see that a leading Indian natural
scientist (director of the National Institute of Science, Technology
and Development Studies, New Delhi) with an interest in ancient
Indian history need not be a card-carrying Hindutvavaadin.

> From the look of things, it seems Elst would have to write that
although Kochhar is an Indian and a scientist, he believes that the
Aryans entered India from outside and therefore he is in the same
camp with Hitler (as Elst wrote about me in another piece on his
website).

You'll see that Elst has this odd preoccupation with Hitler. He
brought H. into his 'review' of Deshpande & Bronkhorst too, as we
see. On the other hand, he falsely reprimanded me for supposedly
doing this (he calls this 'smearing') to one of his friends, so don't
expect any consistency, or even fairness. Keep this in mind in your
further reading, also of his messages on this list. (If anyone here has
a clue as to why Elst does this, please let me know. I'm curious.)

RZ