BJP Govt. Falls: My Question Is, So What?

Partha Banerjee partha at CAPITAL.NET
Tue Apr 20 03:06:40 UTC 1999

I don't want to discuss politics with people who don't want to discuss
politics. That's okay. But there are people on this list here who do want
to discuss politics.

And I don't want to talk poverty with people who haven't seen poverty. They
have only seen numbers. And one kind of numbers.

And we have been in this melee many times before when political discussions
(and relevant ones) are watered down by "apolitical" "scholars". As if
politics is detached from scholarly lives.

Oh yes, fascists and fanatics are now very sad that their govt is toppled
by their own bedfellows. Let's forgive their viciousness for now.

-Partha Banerjee