History of Debate

Vishal Agarwal vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 19 20:39:43 UTC 1999

Regarding the identity of Kalidasa with Isvarakrisna, I recall that a few years back I came across a solitary reference in an old text that Isvarakrsna was 'An ascetic who resided at the banks of a lake in a hut." Unfortunately, I cannot remember this reference, probably it was in the "History and Development of the Samkhya Philosophy' of Pulinbehari Chakraborty. Anyway, if I find it, I will post it. The reference clearly disproves the theory that Kalidasa and Isvarakrsna were one and the same person.

Vishal