BJP Govt. Falls: My Question Is, So What?

Partha Banerjee partha at CAPITAL.NET
Sun Apr 18 00:14:52 UTC 1999

My two cents for your kind attention. -Partha

**BJP Coalition Loses -- SO WHAT???**

Here is my reading into the newest soap opera developing in India.

_________

News: BSP (a regional party of privileged leaders of poor untouchables)
ABSTENTION: the BSP, with five members, voted against the BJP
instead of abstaining, as announced last night;
_________

Read: So maybe they were bought off by powers who want Sonia Gandhi in.

_________

News: DMK (a Southern Tamil party with a dictatorial billionaire
ex-film-person leader) now voted in favor of BJP, and AIADMK (another
Southern Tamil party with a dictatorial billionaire ex-film star leader) of
Jayalalitha Imelda Marcos
withdrew its support.

My reading: DMK voted in favor of BJP. This is the most important event to
observe. When you see parties switching sides (in this case, DMK and AIADMK
switched support) for or against status quo coalitions such as BJP or
Congress, YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE COALITIONS and
that who forms a govt in such a system DOES NOT MATTER.

THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE IN THE LIVES OF THE POOR AND OPPRESSED WITH A
CHANGE OF RULING COALITIONS IN POWER.

_________

With more elections coming up and more such turmoils taking place with NO
REAL EMPOWERMENT of the common people of India, it is the democratic and
secular fabric that is losing out to national and international
power-brokers.

A staunch critic of ultranationalist and fascist forces that I am, I
strongly believe that international power-brokers are all out to destroy
and decimate any self-assertive (good or bad kind) nations and governments
WHICH IS THE REAL DANGER in front of us.

Can Sonia Gandhi, Laloo Prasad, Mulayam Singh, or Jyoti Basu turn things
around in India? Will they empower the poor and the downtrodden?

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH.

Disgusted in politics of the privileged,

-Partha Banerjee