Kabul - vijtAzva - svayambhU

Samar Abbas abbas at BETA.IOPB.STPBH.SOFT.NET
Wed Oct 21 16:46:22 UTC 1998

Perhaps Kabul is related to `Zabulstan', another name for the Kabul
region. If so, then since the -stan exists, it would be Iranian.
I once heard that Zabulstan was derived from Arabic, ie. Zab-ul stan
(zab of something), but I don't know what Zab would be in Arabic.
Hope this helps.