method of dating RV, III

Samar Abbas abbas at BETA.IOPB.STPBH.SOFT.NET
Wed Oct 21 08:00:00 UTC 1998

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Yaroslav V. Vassilkov wrote:

>         If the person which you see in your meditations were Scythian, then
> it should wear a conical hat, leather trousers and some other very specific
> dress items, which, as is well known, came to India only with the SAka invaders
> in the 1st century BC.

 I always thought these were characteristic of all Aryan nations. Thus the
Iranian Aryans wore such clothes, as did the Scythic Aryans (as you have
pointed out). If the Indo-Aryans did not wear such clothes, then what did
they wear ? If they did not wear these `Scythic clothes', then did they
adopt the dress of the Dravidians ? These are just thougths that occurred
to me, I do not mean to challenge any authorities on this list ( I don't
know much in this field).

Samar