SV: Oguibenine's book

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at SHORE.NET
Wed Oct 14 09:02:39 UTC 1998

Thank you Lars for your precious info.
The info on Oguibenine's book was supplied by Prof. Oguibenine's
himself.
I have not checked the book. Nevertheless, since from the time of
Fascism we "Italianize" (to paraphrase Benjamin's words) into Italian
everything, even comp words that have been invented in English (such as
to scan=scannerizzare -- even though "scannare", which means to cut the
throat of somebody, is also used!). It seems very improbable to me that
the book has been published in Italy in French. But I cannot say
anything before opening it.
(However, we -- Italian Indologists -- all know French pretty well,
therefore in practice French or Italian do not make much difference to
us -- even though yours is a very precious bibliographic info).

Enrica

--
Dr. Enrica Garzilli                 University of Perugia (ITALY)
Istituto di Linguistica                      Piazza Morlacchi, 11