Self-sacrificing Pets

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at SHORE.NET
Sun Oct 11 18:06:22 UTC 1998

It is also true the opposite, the sati of mistresses for their "pets"
such as a famous queen of Babylon (whose I forgot the name now!) who
commetted sati for her horse. You can find all the references -- and her
name -- on E. Garzilli, "First Greek and Latin Documents on Sahagamana
and Some Connected Problems", IIJ ns. 3 and 4, 1997.

Enrica

p.s. please do not forget the famous female kapoti in the MhB who
commetted sati.
--
Dr. Enrica Garzilli                 University of Perugia (ITALY)
Istituto di Linguistica                      Piazza Morlacchi, 11