IJHS India Library Program

Sushil Mittal smittal at RELIGION.UFL.EDU
Thu Oct 1 15:02:16 UTC 1998

Greetings, all:

I am starting a program to provide complimentary copies of the
_International Journal of Hindu Studies_ to certain targeted research
institute, organizational, university, and other school libraries in India
that cannot afford the subscription rates. The cost of these donated
journals and the postage will be underwritten by me and by donations
(contributions of any size will be welcome). The subscription will start
with volume 1 (1997) and will continue for at least five years so that a
library will not have sporadic runs of the journal.

I would be most grateful if you would help me in identifying

1) fifty libraries in India that you feel should be given subscriptions.

2) contact persons at these libraries who will verify the receipt of the
journal and the access thereto by students and scholars.

I hope that, with your cooperation, we will be able to implement this
program.

Regards,
Sushil

Dr Sushil Mittal