SV: Is the Aryan Invasion a Myth?

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Mon Nov 30 19:13:29 UTC 1998

Lars Martin Fosse wrote:
> The best evidence is still the linguistic (and cultural) data. The value of archaeology (if any at all) is quite subsidiary.

I strongly disagree.  Linguistic evidence is weak because there is no
single linguistic theory.  Just look at the history of linguistics.
Just over the last century, or even the last few decades, there have
been major changes in language classification. Even at the present,
there are a number of major overhauls proposed to the classification
system by the most noted linguists.

Cultural evidence is interesting and helpful, but isolated cultural
items pass easily from one people to the next without any need for
migration much less invasion.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala