The ending "Amma" for men

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Thu Nov 12 04:28:31 UTC 1998

You have the fomous scientist nAyuDamma.

Ending in amma for kRSNa seems to be a term of endearment
for Lord KRSNa.
We have the telugu folk song

" kiSTammA! gOpAlabAlA kiSTammA!
bhaja nanadAkumAra bAlakiSTammA - gOpAlabAlA kiSTammA!"

I think kRSNamanIdu is also a usage.

regards,

sarma.