Sanskrit plays on European stages

Rebecca Manring rmanring at INDIANA.EDU
Tue Nov 10 12:54:37 UTC 1998

Yes; I saw Bhasa's Broken Thigh staged in London about ten years ago, by a
group of Asian-Britons, using the original staging as much as possible.
It was performed in a small theatre and about half the audience left at
intermission, but those of us who stayed, enjoyed it tremendously.

Rebecca Manring
India Studies
Indiana University