Kusunda et al.

Jacob Baltuch jacob.baltuch at EURONET.BE
Sat Nov 7 17:13:55 UTC 1998

Miguel Carrasquer Vidal <mcv at WXS.NL> wrote:

>Oops, I hadn't noticed the switch in mailing lists...
>For puzzled Indology members, I should explain that this was a
>discussion on the Nostratic list about Kusunda,

Yes, how on earth did that thread jump from Nostratic to Indology?

>In that context, Jacob had mentioned Elfenbein about
>Brahui, and had subsequently consulted prof. Krishnamurti.  My
>response had gone to the Nostratic list, and I thoughtlessly failed
>to add prof. Krishnamurti to the recipient list, for which I
>apologise.

Yes I was in the same situation. There was no good way to involve
prof. Krishnamurti in the discussion since he does not read the
Nostratic list and I think mixing lists and personal email addresses
in messages can only result in confusion, so I simply gave his email
in my message and relied on the fact that readers interested in his
argument could contact him directly if they wished.

>>Who said there are no IA loans in Brahui? Wrong!
>
>Not me.

Grin. It was me, but it was from B.Sergent's account of J.E.'s
paper. Please please do not rely on that to judge it. The reference
is: Joseph Elfenbeim, "A periplus of the Brahui problem", Studia
Iranica, 16.2 (1987), 215-233