Sarasvati (texts & arch.)

Sat May 23 12:02:01 UTC 1998

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Lakshmi Srinivas wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand Mughal has only surveyed the
> dry bed of the Hakra in the erstwhile Bahawalpur State (Cholistan),
> not excavated any site there. For example, Ganweriwala continues to
> remain unexcavated.

That is also what I remember from his recent book and from his talks here.
He has done extensive surveys though. They are part of a more genera
scheme to survey (large parts of) Pakistan to get a clear idea of what is
around for excavation. If I rememeber correctly, a large part of the
Panjab (east of the Indus)  has been surveyed so far. I can find out.

Michael Witzel                       witzel at fas.harvard.edu
                                     www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm
my direct line (also for messages) :  617- 496 2990