Advert : Hindu Studies

Prof P Kumar kumar at PIXIE.UDW.AC.ZA
Mon May 18 09:42:46 UTC 1998

Dear List manager,
Please announce the following advert on your list. The applicants should
contact the humnan resource office directly and not me. Prof P Kumar

Prof. P. Kumar

>Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 15:40:41 -0200 (GMT)
>From: Nalineedevi Maharaj <nmaharaj at pixie.udw.ac.za>
>To: Pratap Kumar <kumar at pixie.udw.ac.za>
>Subject: Advert : Hindu Studies
>Applications are requested for the position of Professor/Associate
>Professor or Senior Lecturer in the Department of Hindu Studies and Indian
>Philosophy at the University of Durban-Westville, in Kwa-Zulu Natal in
>South Africa.
>
>The University of Durban-Westville is a progressive institution with
>approximately 10 000 students and 63 departments. The Department of Hindu
>Studies and Indian Philosophy is a small department which is engaged in
>the process of faculty and University transformation. In particular the
>successful candidate should possess the following:
>
>-   An impressive research profile and publication record
>-   An ability to supervise and encourage research
>-   Administrative ability, to develop and promote the discipline within
>    the context an African  University
>-   Proficiency in Sanskrit
>-   Academically the person should have been trained in the fields of
>    Hinduism and/or Indian Philosophy
>-   Teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate level through
>    the medium of English
>-   A knowledge on one modern language like Tamil, Hindi, etc will be an
>    advantage
>-   Experience in a developing environment would be an advantage.
>
>The closing date for applications is 5 June 1998.
>
>Initial applications, containing CVs and names of referees, can be sent by
>e-mail.  (Preferably by fax). After this,  official application forms must
>be completed.
>
>e-mail address :  nmaharaj at pixie.udw.ac.za
>postal address :  Mrs K Singh, H.R. Officer, Human Resource Division,
>University of Durban-Westville, Private Bag X54001, Durban, 4001.
>Fax : (031) 204-4315
>Tel.: (031) 204-4222, 204-4223, 204-4916.
>

>                    Human Resource Division
>                  University of Durban-Westville
>                  P/Bag X54001

Prof. P. Kumar (Head of Dept)
Department of Science of Religion
University of Durban-Westivlle
Private BagX54001
Durban
4000
South Africa
Tel: 027-31-204-4539 (work)
Fax: 027-31-204-4160 (work)
Email: kumar at pixie.udw.ac.za

Director of the 18th Quinquennial Congress of the IAHR Durban- August 5-12 2000
For more info on the Congress please see:
http://www.udw.ac.za/iahr