Karuna/metta sought

Rolf Heiner Koch roheko at MSN.COM
Fri May 15 12:53:29 UTC 1998

Comparing the posting of KIM it might be
interested to read a text written in Prakrit
daNDa-kavADe mantha-antare ya sAharaNayA
sarIra-tthe
bhAsA-joga-nirohe selesI sijjhaNA ceva
that is (in this context the Karman is a
material - dust, very small particles which are
influencing the soul. the process described in the
above stanzas says how it is possible to destroy
all these particles on the soul - as an
alternative to the long way of a monk)
"he in activating his body in sending his
Karman-influenced soul-particles in the form of a
staff (daNDa, that measures from the Zenith to the
Nadir - plus a kapaTa ("doorwing") on each side
(reaching to the end of the world in the
west/east) ... )thereby constructing the universal
form of a "Quirlstaff (mantha)" ... and finally he
contracts his soul-particles again which are now
free from any karmic particle."
In another more comprehensive describtion this
whole process is divided into four
time-quantities: four moments (samayas)
in the first samaya he ejects his karmic
soulparticles and forms a rUcaka-shaped daNDa
in the second samaya he makes the kapaTa
(doorwings)
in the third samaya he makes pratara
in the fourth samaya he contracts the
soulparticles again