Indo-Aryan invasion

George Thompson thompson at JLC.NET
Sun Mar 1 02:59:35 UTC 1998

Just to show that I am prepared to hold myself to the standards that I
recommended a few days ago: I am prepared to discuss a relevant article:

H.H. Hock: "Pre-Rgvedic Convergence Between Indo-Aryan (Sanskrit) and
Dravidian? A Survey of the Issues and Controversies", in _Ideology and
Status of Sanskrit: Contributions to the History of the Sanskrit Language_,
ed. by J. Houben, Leiden 1996.

Anyone else? Or other recommendations?

To be even more specific, would anyone like to talk about the origins of
retroflexion in Sanskrit? I'm especially interested in an "Indigenous
Aryan" view of retroflexion. I'd also like to know how the "out of India"
model deals with the relationship between Old Indic and Old Iranian.

George Thompson