One of Earliest excommunications from vedic religion

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Sat Jun 27 18:39:18 UTC 1998

J. Baltuch wrote:

>Really? Haven't you considered the possibility that
>there are vegetarians in Norway and Sardinia also?  :-)

Yes, Jacob, but Norwegian vegetarians are a fairly recent phenomenon. Until
quite recently, fish and meat was part of every Norwegian's diet if he could
afford such things. (People would often subsist on herring, potatoes, and
porridge and would not necessarily be able to buy meat on a regular basis).
I think modern vegetarianism is an imported phenomenon.

Best regards,

Lars Martin

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,