[q] Info. on B(h)uleswar temple (near Pune)

Sreenivas Paruchuri sreeni at KTP.UNI-PADERBORN.DE
Wed Jun 24 17:31:33 UTC 1998

                [Posting on behalf of an acquaintance]

---------------------------------------
Could you pl. provide any information on Bhuleswar temple near Pune,
where I could see, for the first time, Goddess Vinayaki - the female Ganesha,
and also female Shiva (not ardhanariswara!), female Garuda, female Vishnu ...
I find it fascinating. Are there any scholarly studies on this interesting
temple?

Meanwhile I could find 3 monographs on _Vinayaki_, and references to her
in matsya & skanda purana-s. What about others?

Thanks!

mfG,
R.Braun

Regards,