yoga-paTTa

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Sat Jun 13 06:26:34 UTC 1998

In the yoga sutras of Patanjali, AsanA which is one of the aSTAngAs
(which are the necessary aids) of yoga, is defined as

sthira-sukhamAsanaM

AsanA is the one that is stable and comfortable. This will be an aid in
allowing the sAdhakA to forget his body and loose himself in meditation.
Yoga-paTTa seems to help in making your posture stable and comfortable.

regards,

sarma.