Chatterji article

Sreenivasa Nittala Sreenivasa.Nittala at BLR.SNI.DE
Thu Jun 11 11:08:09 UTC 1998

I am not aware of this particular article. However, I am aware of a very useful and extremely good book that addresses this topic. The author traces various origins including the "Sutrya Siddhanta", etc. He weaves an interesting description around the ancient philosophical expositions and quite interestingly relates to the psyche of Indian Scientists : Ramanujan, Raman, Chandrasekhar, George Sudarshan.

It is :

--- Anil Kumar Sarkar, "ZERO : Its Role and Prospects in Indian Thought"., South Asia Publishers, New Delhi.

I can give complete details if you are interested. This book is very much in print. I myself have a copy.

I hope this has been useful.

Best Regards,
Sreenivasa

Sreenivasa Subramanya Sharma Nittala

Associate Consultant                    |       Postgraduate Student (Part Time)
Siemens Information Systems Ltd.        |       Dept. of Computer Science & Engg.
B-8, Jungpura B,                                |       Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Mathura Road, New Delhi 110 014         |       New Delhi 110 016
INDIA.                                  |       INDIA.
Email: Sreenivasa.Nittala at blr.sni.de    |
Tel. : +91-11-431 7448 / 1959           |
Fax : +91-11-431 5674                   |