Truth and method in Indology, III

Jan E.M. Houben JHOUBEN at RULLET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Thu Jun 4 15:31:48 UTC 1998

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Lars Martin Fosse <lmfosse at ONLINE.NO> wrote:

>I have a comment concerning the use of statistics in Indology. . . .

>1. . . .
        you work for two years analysing data
        you spend 30 sekonds running them through the computer
        you spend the next two years evaluating the results.

>Not a very economical method when Indological research is concerned,
considering the vastness of the literature.

Perhaps you are aware of the TITUS-project (thesaurus of indo-european
literatures): you type in a (Vedic/Sanskrit) text and get access to the texts
typed in by others. More info via: http://titus.uni-frankfurt.de

Best wishes, JH