Saras.. (Painted Grey Ware)

Sn. Subrahmanya sns at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Jun 1 13:30:06 UTC 1998

At 10:22 AM 5/30/98 -0400, Michael Witzel wrote:

><...Erdosy quotes snipped...>
>
>I think this should do it. Texts and archaeological evidence, time period
>and geographical spread of Middle Vedic and PGW overlap to a large degree.

You might be jumping the gun here....

If you noticed - the Ganga valley seem to have been very well settled
by the 2nd millenium BC, which causes Erdosy to write "Clearly, cultural
evolution in the area did not await the 'Aryan' colonists of the Vedic
texts".

So if you want to consider this the middle vedic age, you will have
to push back your dating for the Rgvedic period.

Regards,
Subrahmanya