Francois Bernier and Thomas Fryer

Jean-Luc CHEVILLARD jlc at CCR.JUSSIEU.FR
Mon Jul 6 23:14:01 UTC 1998

Hello,

In a journal called purusartha, edited by the EHESS (Paris),
I find inside issue Number 7, dated 1983,
on page 278 a bibliographic reference (attached to an article
by Sylvia Murr):

Bernier, F. Voyages de F. Bernier , contenant la description
des Etats du Grand Mogol, de l'Hindoustan, du Royaume
de Kachemire, etc.
(Amsterdam, P.Marret, 1699), 2 vol. Ed. moderne
par Fr. Bhattacharya (Paris, FAYARD, 1981)

I hope this helps

-- Jean-Luc CHEVILLARD (Paris)

A 16:59 06/07/98 -0400, vous avez écrit :
>Francois Bernier from France and Thomas Fryer from England visited India
in the seventeenth- or eighteenth century.  As Thomas
>was a physician and Francois was a natural philosopher, their travel
accounts contain information on sciences in India.  I want
>to read their travel accounts.  However, I cannot find the complete
references of their works.  I wonder if the subscriber to